Sweet Corn Pudding - John Besh



We are expecting to lose power, if we get hit, as predicted. I am working on leaving a few recipes to pop up, the next few days. I am also going to set up the linky for the Recipe Box but I won't have time to put last week's wonderful recipes up. I will try to make it up, another week, when the sun is shining and the winds are sleeping. It is amazing to write this when right now, it is quiet and calm. Blame it on the weather man.

Over the years, I have made a variety of corn dishes, puddings, kugels, pies and the likes. If it is corn, by definition, it is good. I came upon this recipe in a magazine whose page is on the left of me. I tore it out, never worrying where the recipe came from. After all, I have the page. On this page is no sign of which magazine it is. Fortunately, the recipes come from John Besh's book so I can give the original source with my apologies to whatever magazine, I was looking at.

Sweet Corn Pudding - adapted from John Besh - My Family Table

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons oil
1 medium onion, chopped.
2 cups of frozen corn (fresh corn is better)
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1 cup Rice milk or soy or almond milk
1/2 cup corn meal
salt and pepper to taste
5 eggs, beaten


Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degree.

In a large skillet, heat oil and cook onion in it, for 3 minutes. Add corn and cook for another 3 minutes, stirring.

Add flour and incorporate with corn. Add milk and continue stirring until mixture comes to a boil.

Add corn meal and remove from stove.

The recipe pureed the corn mixture but I did not.

Add the eggs ans mix them in until thoroughly incorporated.

Pour mixture into a baking pan (I used an 8 inch round)

Place into oven and bake until center puffs about 20 to 25 minutes.


    Comments

    1. Thinking good thoughts that the storm and its casualties bypasses you.

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is great! Love John Besh! Hope all goes well with the weather!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I just saw John Besh on an Iron Chef America rerun. I'll have to try his recipe!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Newest follower here! I found you through the Monday link up! Cute blog, I can’t wait to read more!
      -meandmr.com

      ReplyDelete
    5. This delicious corn pudding is being featured today! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. You really know the way to my heart - I love just about anything with Corn!

      Thanks for sharing this fabulous recipe at Inspire Me Monday - you are one of my features today at

      Create With Joy
      http://create-with-joy.com

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

    Popular posts from this blog

    Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

    Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

    Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost